Join the PBS series FRONTLINE for the premiere streaming of the acclaimed documentary, “A Thousand Cuts” in the Philippines. On March 13th, FRONTLINE will host a YouTube film premiere and on-demand streaming, followed
Join the PBS series FRONTLINE for the premiere streaming of the acclaimed documentary, “A Thousand Cuts” in the Philippines. On March 13th, FRONTLINE will host a YouTube film premiere and on-demand streaming, followed by a live roundtable discussion featuring:
- Maria Ressa: CEO & Executive Editor, Rappler
- Ramona Diaz: Film Director, A Thousand Cuts
- Pia Ranada: Journalist (the office of the President), Rappler
- Rambo Talabong: Journalist (security, crime, and Manila), Rappler
- Lian Buan: Journalist (justice and corruption), Rappler
Moderated by Raney Aronson-Rath, Executive Producer, FRONTLINE
The roundtable discussion will explore the importance of democracy and press freedom in the Philippines and globally, as Ressa’s legal situation continues to unfold.
To join the event: Click RSVP
From award-winning filmmaker Ramona Diaz, A Thousand Cuts chronicles the story of journalist Maria Ressa, a top target of President Rodrigo Duterte’s crackdown on the news media. Ressa and her colleagues have been at the forefront of reporting on Duterte’s brutal war on drugs in the Philippines, and she has endured harassment, arrests – and a cyber libel conviction that could result in jail time. In January 2021, she posted bail for her 10th arrest warrant.
- LIVE ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: 9:00pm PHT / 8:00am EST / 1:00pm GMT
- WATCH THE FILM ONLINE — A Thousand Cuts – Philippines Film Premiere: 8:00 am PHT / 7:00 pm EST (FRI)
This is a free virtual event that will be hosted on FRONTLINE’s YouTube Channel. You must RSVP in order to receive the YouTube premiere viewing link, which will be sent via email prior to the premiere.
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 10:00 am EST